Chipotle Olive Oil & Chili Balsamic Vinegar
Sweet and smoky with just the right amount of heat, this chili-infused oil is great for marinating steaks and brushing on grilled chicken or seafood. Drizzle over grilled vegetables or pizza.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chipotle Peppers
· Marinate meat
· Pair with Chili Balsamic Vinegar for a delicious, healthy alternative to barbeque sauce
· Drizzle over tomato or butternut squash soup to add a dash of smokiness
Recipe Idea: Chipotle Grilled Filet Mignon
· 3 T freshly squeezed lime juice
· 1 T honey
· 1 T garlic, minced
· ¼ cup fresh cilantro
· ¼ cup Chipotle Olive Oil
· 4 filet mignon steaks
· Puree lime juice, honey, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth.
· Place steaks & marinade in a Ziploc bag for at least 3 hours.
· Place steaks on the grill & cook as desired.
Recipe Idea: Chipotle Shrimp Skewers
· 8 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
· 1 T Chipotle Olive Oil
· 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
· 1 lime, cut in half
· ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
· 4 skewers
· 8 cherry tomatoes
· 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into squares
1. Mix together Chipotle Olive Oil, cilantro, juice of ½ lime, and pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for thirty minutes.
2. Preheat grill.
3. Alternate shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and peppers on the skewers. Discard marinade. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink.
Enjoy and Eat Well!
- asha Waterstreet